About Us - EDC of Lawrence & Douglas County
Lawrence and Douglas County will have the region’s top performing economy and be recognized as the best place to live, learn, play, work, and do business.
Promote economic development in Lawrence and Douglas County through the retention of existing businesses and industries, the support and expansion of existing and new entrepreneurial business opportunities, and the attraction of new high-wage business and industry. This will be accomplished by providing the resources that enable development and presenting Lawrence and Douglas County as the preferred industrial, commercial, and residential choice.
See the 2015-2016 Community Economic Development Strategic Plan here.
- In-depth analysis of the region’s available workforce
- Assistance in identifying and accessing available incentives
- Current demographic information
- Liaison services with local government agencies
- Personal tours of the region and available locations
Locations and Directions
Douglas County is located in Northeastern Kansas. The county’s largest city, Lawrence, is just 30 minutes southwest of Kansas City.Learn More